Tuesday, March 17, 2009

2 important anniversaries this week


This week is a very somber week for me. Sunday the 15th, marked the 1 year anniv. of the death of my dog Zephyr. I know that some of you are thinking, but it was just a dog, but Zephyr was so much more than that. I got Zephyr from my uncle, she was the runt of 10. I got her when she was just 7 weeks old. She NEVER left my side. She slept/cuddled with me every night. She was the type of dog that I could let off the leash and she'd stay close, she LOVED to swim and be in the water. We went swimming together often. She was my best friend. I got the the day I came home from St. Louis the 1st time we went because of my esophagus. She saw me through the next 2 years of some really hard times.
Last year my mom & I decided that it was best to put her to sleep due to her totally destructive behavior. Yes we did puppy class, and all that, but it was later determine that something was genetically wrong with her and her whole litter, as all the puppies were eventually put to sleep. I remember the Vet. giving her the shot, and her falling asleep in my arms.

The next day is THIS Friday the 20th, which will mark the 1 yr anniv. death of my grandfather. Now, my grandfather and I weren't close, but he was still family. He died after suffering several massive and many strokes. The 1st massive stroke he had was on March 4th, and he would go on to suffer many other mini and some other large strokes over the next 16 days. I know that he is in Heaven with his 3 other wives that went on before him.



Zephyr Grandpa JO

Please keep me in your prayers as I go through this week. This maybe the last time I post for awhile. I may be going out of town this weekend for a King-Tut exhibit with my family. The only thing keeping me from going is the fact that I am getting sick, but am not sick yet. I just can't seem to get over it. I've been drinking OJ and taking robatussin for the past few days. Please pray that I don't get sick, and can go this weekend.

1 comment:

Ace said...

We're coming up on the 2 year anniversary of putting our "Buddy" down. It is hard and it's okay to be sad. We still cry over him but the thing that helped us the most was getting another dog just a couple days after Buddy left us.

Praying for you this week!