Thursday, October 9, 2008

My body is not working today

I went to the GP dr. this morning because I feel horrible. I woke up feeling poorly this morning, and have just gotten worse all day. She thinks that I have the flu, even though I got my flu shot last week. There is a 12-14 day wait period while the shot is still kicking in to work. If I got exposed to the flu before my shot, I will still get sick because my body hasn't accepted the flu shot yet. But, on top of having the flu, I am also having respiratory problems. My peak flow meteres have been low and I have been taking breathing treatments with my nebulizer, but it does not seem to be working. And on top of all this, my feel and ankles are swollen to the size of softballs. My dr. doesn't know why, but it could be a reaction to my salt intake. I will cut back my salt usage for the next few days and see if that works.
I have been falling asleep, but not remembering I've been asleep or fall asleep while doing things. We are trying to get most of my meds in liquid form, so we can just use the medicince port on my tube to take my meds.
Please pray that I can get better soon and that the swelling in my feet will go down and stay down.

No comments: