Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cancer

I found out yesterday that my mom has cancer... again.
She got breast cancer my senior year of high school, a month before I graduated.
This time though she doesn't have breast cancer, she has cancer in her left hip and bone. And it's a different type of cancer from what the breast cancer was.
Thankfully, she returned to her old oncologist, and he has already started her on cancer meds.
On top of this, my mom is also having alot of neurological issues. She has short term memory loss, she has been shaking really bad, and some other neuro issues. We are going to see the neuro Dr. tomorrow, and she will order tests: MRI, blood work, etc, and we will wait again for more results and see what is wrong with my mom's brain.
Please keep my mom in your prayers. She is my primary caregiver... I am sick too and have been for the past 5 years. I have had 20 surgeries in the past 2 years alone, and I am having my 2nd surgery this year in 2 weeks to put in a 3rd feeding tube (my stomach doesn't work). My Dr.'s are not optimistic about this tube working, but it's the last chance that I have. If it doesn't work, or my body rejects it, then I will have to begin IV/TPN nutrition, and that is only used as a last result. But, I have lost 30 lbs in less than 3 months, and I am losing weight everyday, and my body can't keep up. I'm only eating about 600 calories a day, which is nowhere near where a normal person would eat.
I have several other major health issues that need to be addressed too, but me getting nutrition in me is the 1st and highest priority.

Please just pray for my mom and me. Pray for our family. Pray for the Dr.'s that are treating us.

Thank you for your prayers.
Emily

No comments: