Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Allergy

A few weeks ago, I went to see an Allergist because I had been having some "allergy attacks" that required visits to the ER and shots of meds to get me through.
I didn't know what was causing the attacks, and I still don't, but I haven't had any lately.
The allergist did want to do the standard allergy test, so I had some blood taken and waited for 2 weeks. I got a call on Monday morning from the nurse and she said that allergy test results were back and aside from all the normal things I knew I was allergic to, a new allergy showed up. I am allergic to latex. Knowing that answers so many questions I have had about my health, but it brings up so many more questions.
Latex is in thousands of products, so many that there is a website that lists things that have latex in them.
I'm going to have to start avoiding things, that up until recently I had been able to be around.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Emily

No comments: