Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

It is officially Christmas Eve. It's 12:45am, I've been awake for 36 hours. Shopping, returning clothes that I didn't use from the wedding that I went to last weekend, more shopping, and spending time with my mom. I'm so tired, but I can't help but let my mind wander tonight.
I don't remember what I did last Christmas. I barely remember what I did last week for that matter.
Being on massive doses of pain meds isn't good for the memory.
Thinking ahead to one scheduled surgery in January and another not scheduled, but going to happen surgery is going to be a hard way to start the new year. Every year since 2008 I have had atleast 5 surgeries a year. In 2010, I had 13 surgeries. This year, 2011, I've had 2 plus 8 more surgical procedures. And already for 2012 I have 1 scheduled and one to schedule.

I hope to remember this Christmas. To remember where I am in life. To remember spending time with my family. To remember spending time with my grandmother (who turns 90 in January). To remember the laughter, the smiles, the love, and remember that I have a family that loves and cares for me, and for that I am blessed.

As you go about this Christmas Eve, take time to remember the small stuff. Remember why we celebrate Christmas. Remember that little baby that was born so many years ago, a Savior who came for us all.

No comments: