Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Big Prayer Request/Update

Today is my appt. with the neurosurgeon. I'm a bit anxious, but on the other hand I need to have this surgery ASAP. I have alot of questions to ask, so I hope to have alot more info than I do now.

In other news, my eating issues are getting worse and worse. My esophagus is starting to not work again, and botox would usually and has been injected in the past, but it no longer works for me. Until we can figure out what to do it's back to babyfood and soft foods. Once I have a surgery date, I will be scheduling to have some tests done at Scott & White in Temple. I have to be sedated for the test and S&W in Round Rock doesn't do the test.

Worse is that my reflux has also started again, but this time I have been aspirating into my lungs, which caused my pneoumnia last week.

I honestly don't know how much more stuff I can take, but I'm hanging on. I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel pain wise, but digestive wise, no light yet.



______________________________________________________________________

I know I haven't sent any updates in a while, but I have been hanging in there. I'm still in constant pain 24/7, and I am still having alot of problems eating. I no longer have my feeding tube. It became infected and was surgically removed in January.

Within the past month several things have been happening.

First off, my eating issues have gotten worse. My esophagus is starting to not work again, and the normal medicine that they would give me, no longer works for me. My stomach is starting to slow down again, and I am not digesting food like I should be. I will be having some tests done soon, and depending on the results I could be starting some new meds or having surgery.

Secondly, my asthma problems have come back after being gone for about 2 years. I have been having asthma attacks and I'm getting over pneoumnia and pleursly.

Third, I had a trial period in mid Feb. for a Spinal Cord Stimulator. For a week I had 2 wires inserted into my back that sent electrical impulses to my brain to override the pain signals. The Dr.s & I were hoping for it to be atleast 50% successful and it turned out to be 90% successful.



TODAY, Tuesday, I have a appt. with a local neurosurgeon to meet with him and schedule having the SCS permantently implanted. I am hoping and praying that I can have surgery scheduled within a week, but I know that he is scheduling patients 3-4 weeks out. I need to have this surgery ASAP. I am maxed out on my pain meds, and I'm still in pain. But, once I have the surgery I will be able to get off all my pain meds, something that hasn't happened in 2 years.



Please be in prayer for my appt. Please pray that I will be able to have this surgery within a week.



I will update when I know something.



Emily

No comments: