Monday, October 19, 2009

Unexpected Surgery Round 2

I had a very unexpected surgery this morning. My new tube broke/came out yesterday (yes, the same one I had put in 2 weeks ago) and I spent most of the Sunday afternoon in the ER waiting for a surgery that never happened for 2 reasons 1) no one read my chart to see that I have to be sedated for this surgery ( it was going to be done w/o sedating me) 2) they didn't/couldn't find the correct tube. So, surgery took place about 10am. I brought the correct tube, so they knew what to use. I have made up my mind that if this tube falls out again, I will NOT have another surgery to have a new one put in. This is my 6th surgery for a new tube in 5 months. After today, I won't do it again. I don't know what time I will be home, but probably mid-late afternoon.

No comments: