Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm in the hospital

Miss me much this past week?
I've been in the hospital, and my dad just brought me my laptop. I've missed blogging, and I miss being home, but I am glad that I am here getting the help I need. While I won't go into details I will say that the Dr.s are trying to figure out what is causing my pain when I eat and do my tube feeds. I've had 2 surgical procedures last week to work on and put in a new feeding tube after the first one fell out due to a Dr.'s mistake.
I am hooked up to a PICC line, and a PCA (pain pump), and the normal liquids. Yesterday I started "soft mechanical" diet food. Meaning: eggs, sandwiches, grits, soup, pudding, etc.

Please keep me in your prayers. I am having several anxiety attacks a day, and the anxiety is causing my bp to sky rocket. It's been in the 140's.

I'll post more when I get home... whenever that will be.

2 comments:

waitingarms said...

Glad to "hear" from you. Continuing to pray for wisdom for the doctors and healing for you!

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Yes, in fact, I have been missing you! Thanks to your Dad for bringing your laptop. You, your doctors, and all your caregivers are in my prayers.