Sunday, May 10, 2009

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

After taking note from my blogging friend Kelly, I have decided to use this week to write out the lyrics to some of the songs that have helped me get through these past few weeks.

Tonight's song is by Carolyn Dawn Johnson, and it's titled: "God Doesn't Make Mistakes"
I first heard this song as I was driving around the streets of St. Louis last summer, praing that the medical treatments I had come so far for, would work again. We now know that didn't happen, but at the time, I was going through a really hard time in my life. Trying to figure out why God had placed me in St. Louis for medical treatment that HE knew wasn't going to work. I heard this song on the radio, and had to pull into a parking lot to hear it, and was crying the entire time it was on. It took several days of researching to find the song and artist, but once I did and read the lyrics, I realized that that song is me in a nut shell.

God Doesn't Make Mistakes
by Carolyn Dawn Johnson
A couple inches taller; Another size smaller; A little curl in my hair; I used to wish I was older
Now I wish I was younger; Back when I didn't have a care
Most of the time I am happy with what God gave me.
Once in a while I wish that some miracle would change me.
I'm ok with the way God made me,
I have my days but doesn't everybody.
It's not always easy for me to believe in myself, but I gotta remember:
I'm always gonna be a better me than anyone else,
And God doesn't make mistakes!
Mama says I'm special; calls me her little angel
Yeah, I could almost do no wrong; but I trip and stumble
Guess that's what keeps you humble,
But I pick myself up and I carry on.
I'll never be a flawless model of perfection,
Nobody's perfect and I admit I'm no exception.
I'm ok with the way God made me,
I have my days but doesn't everybody.
It's not always easy for me to believe in myself; but I gotta remember
I'm always gonna be a better me than anyone else,
And God doesn't make mistakes!
I'm thankful for the rainy days; they only make the sunshine sweeter
I'm ok with the way God made me
I have my days, but doesn't everybody
It's not always easy for me to believe in myself
But I gotta remember I'm always gonna be a better me than anyone else
And God doesn't make mistakes!
Not you, not me, not anybody.

No comments: