Saturday, November 29, 2008

Urgent Prayers Needed

My grandfather is very ill and was rushed to and admitted to the hospital this afternoon. It has been determined that he has a gallstone that is very large and is blocking his entire gallbladder. Because of his age (he's 87) and current bad health and his heart condition there are only 2 options: 1) drain the gallbladder, but leave the gallstone, which is only a temp. fix and will not relieve the pain he's in or 2) do surgery to remove the gallbladder and stone, which he will probably NOT survive the surgery. He's in alot of pain, and is on a morphine pump, it' s not working, but they isn't anything else they can give him because of his heart. The surgeon told him that he could tell that my grandfather is not one for drastic measures to be taken, and my grandfather said yes, that if something happens he wants no measures to be taken to try to save him.
All of the family has been called and everyone is meeting at the hospital tomorrow morning. On top of all this, my grandmother is very ill as well, and we have been trying to pursade her to go to the Dr. , but she refuses.
Please pray for my grandfather, my family, and for the Dr.'s and nurses that are taking care of him. Pray that God's will will be done and that if it's time for my grandfather to go to Heaven that God will prepare the family.
I will update tomorrow as I know more.

No comments: