Thursday, November 27, 2008

Trying Again & Relapsing

I went to the Dr. yesterday for a post-hospital check-up and I mentioned that I had the stomach flu last week, but was still not feeling well. I am still get so naseauous when I eat and have been throwing up more recently. (I can't really throw-up, but anything that HASN"T reached my stomach will come back up.)
She mentioned that I try to give up gluten for 2 weeks and see if that helps, because I might have a gluten allergy which may be causing my stomach issues. Well, after talking with my cousins today about how hard it is do follow a non-gluten diet; I have decided to resume my tube feeds. Thankfully my feeding pump is small, and I can put it in a backpack or a medium size bag.
I will start tube feeds on Saturday, giving Thanksgiving lunch enough time to leave my body.
I had a feeling that I would relapse, which is what is happening, so I am glad that we didn't remove the tube when I was feeling better.
I don't think that I will try to eat anything while taking tube feeds, which will be a huge temptation for me since I have been eating "real foods" for the past 3 months. A normal tube feed can take anywhere between 3-4 hours per can, which is 8 oz of formula.
I have been relying on my morphine and anti-neaseau meds everyday for the past 3 weeks, which is another sign that something is going wrong again.
I hate that I have relapsed, but I know that this is all in God's timing.
Please pray for me as I start my tube feeds again. Pray that I won't feel so home-bound and will feel like getting out.

No comments: