Thursday, October 30, 2008

Busy Thursday

Today my mom and I were supposed to go to the movies to see "The Secret Lives of Bees". Instead we went to Carino's for lunch, and Rooms to Go to look at Loveseats. We didn't go to the movies, because I didn't feel well after eating a big lunch. I came home, and played my Wii for a little while and worked on my suduko puzzles.
I did however make many phone calls:
I made an appt. to have a dental exam, x-rays, and a cleaning next week. The first one in 4-5 years. Then I played phone tag with the dentist office trying to get a liquid anti-biotic to take 1 hr before my appt. to prevent any infections near my tube site or the clips in my heart which can occur during a dental cleaning/exam due to bacteria being stirred up and travel to any weak areas in the body.
I called my GP to try to find a pain management Dr, and to get a RX for liquid anti-naseau medicine.
I called my surgeon's office to see if I need to get back on my anti-biotics from a few weeks ago for my tube site which was, and looks infected.

I then went to Target to pick up mine and my mom's RX's and to get play-doh for the trick-or-treaters tomorrow. Yea, I said play-doh. We do have candy, and the toys from McDonalds happy meals, but I have been seeing commericals for play-doh for Halloween, and I think that it is better than giving out candy, and it was certainly cheaper than buying a huge bag of candy.

I have come to a resoultion for my feeding tube. : Even though I don't use it much anymore, and am eating real food, I will keep it for several years. Mainly for 2 reasons: if I have a relapse and can't eat again, I will have it and not have to go through the hassle of another surgery. and if/when my botox in my esophagus wears off and I won't be able to swallow anymore, I'll be able to use the tube for feeds.
But, that means that I will have an open-wound for 2 years, which I'll have to be extra careful, and I'll probably be have stitches on/off again for 2 years to keep the tube in place. But anything will do if I don't have to have another abdominal surgery again. I've had the same scar used 3 different times, and I don't think it is usable again.

I have been thinking of the verse" My God is Mighty to Save" alot today. Baby Stellan is doing amazing. He has NO signs of a heart defect, and is completly healthy. A big change from 4 months ago when the Dr.'s told his parents that he had several severe heart defects and would certainly die before or a short time after birth. God preformed a miracle on that baby, and God is still preforming miracles all around me.

Zephaniah 3:17
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

No comments: