Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

This is what is coming my way:




Luckily, it has shifted northwest a little and we are no longer going to get the brunt of the storm, but they are still predicting 40-50 mph wind gusts and rain for the next 3 days. All high school football games have been cancelled or rescheduled, including the big one: UT vs Arkansas.

We are prepared, I hope. I went to the store yesterday and bought water and batteries. I went to the vet and got some anti-anxiety pills for my dog, who is terrified of thunderstorms. I too am terrified of thunderstorms and I have my anti-anxiety pills on hand.

I am happy we are getting rain, considering we are in a severe drought, we need all the rain we can get.

Austin is getting a huge chunk of evacuees. They started arriving last night. 5 north Austin high schools are being used as shelters. I wish I could volunteer, but I am still to weak and now I am sick. The next 48-80 hours are going to be a bumpy ride.

No comments: