Saturday, August 30, 2008

Family Reunion Day 1

Today was day 1 of a 3 day family reunion. It was not a good day.
I took my "gear" : pole & pump, formula, bag, syrynge, etc. I got hooked up while playing cards, but only played for a little while because no one had any clue whose turn it was or what was going on. I couldn't eat anything because it was too rich, so I took a walk down the street and ended up spending 15 minutes talking to my aunt's neighbor about his dog and upcoming fishing and hunting trips. We talked about my pump and feedings, and about my time in the hospital.
I walked back to my aunt's house and took a pain pill and went to lay down for a while. I ended up taking a 3 hour nap instead. I got up and ate a pot pie, and by then another set of cousins arrived with their 2 small children.
I actually had 2 family members say NOTHING to me today. And when I tried to talk to them, they completly ignored me.
I have a feeling that tomorrow will be even worse. Lunch is being catered by a well known local catering company. I don't want to be around my family while they are eating because then I will be tempted to eat, and I don't want people to watch me eat, because if I can't eat everything I don't want to hear rude remarks, which I have heard before.
Some of my family members can't accept me for who I am now and won't accept my feeding pump/tube.
I have gone over all my options in theraphy last week, but it is different when it is the actual day. Tomorrow there will be over 40 people there and kids running everywhere.
I hope it goes better than today.

No comments: