Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Reunion Day 2

Day 2 of my family reunion was somewhat better than day 1, atleast I found out there is no day 3, thank God!
I tried to go to church this morning, but was so uncomfortable I left early. I went to Hell-Mart to get some pudding and then on to my aunt's house.
When I arrived I found this in the backyard:

As more of my family got there, more kids got there and soon the moonwalk was full.




Finally it was time for lunch. Steak and Chicken. I ate 1/4 of chicken and my potpie and that was it. Then I took one of my cousins outside to play and eventually the rest of kids came out, so I went back in. I then had dessert: some peach cobbler and ice cream... bad idea. Almost immediatly I got sick. My mom and I gathered all me stuff and I snuck out the back door. No one said anything to me and I was glad. I came home, started throwing up, took some meds and slept for 3 hours.
I didn't use my pump at all yesterday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This morning when I woke up my mom and I had a heart to heart talk about what happened this weekend. I had several family members completly ignore me. My family seems not to be able to accept me for who I am and can't look beyond my feeding tube and pump. That's not what a family is suppose to be about. If this is how it is going to be, then I won't be attending any more family functions. If they can't accept me and my differences, then I don't want to be apart of them. I hate that it has come to this, because there are some people in my family that treat me normal, but all my life I have been different and all my life my family has struggled to accept me, but what happened this weeked was the last straw.











No comments: