Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy Weekend

I had a busy weekend, which included a trip to Albany, Tx (a 5 hr drive) to bury my grandfather's ashes, 11 months to the day when he passed away. It was very hard for me, and very emotional for my family. I am glad that it is over.
I got sick on the car ride up there and started throwing up, so my mom had to pull over and I had to take extra meds. Luckily, I brought all my meds with me.

After being in extreme pain after my nerve burning last week, I got a last min. appt. with the Dr. and she said that my extra pain was due to the fact that my "little" nerves are inflamed & not used to the main nerve being gone. She increased my meds, and told me that after my 2nd nerve burning next week the same thing will happen- I will get worse before I get better.

After picking my dog up from the kennel Sunday night, I realized that she had a small wound on the side of her head that had dried blood scabed over. This morning when we got up my dog's face was VERY swollen. After a trip to the ER vet the wound had becomed abcessed and she had to have emergency surgery to have it drained. She cuurently has a small open hole on the side of her face with stuff draining out of it, that I get to clean often for the next week or so. She is on anti-biotics and pain meds for the next week.

I have a kinda busy week. I am still in alot of pain and very nauseous, but there is stuff that has to be done.

No comments: