Monday, April 20, 2009

New person & Stellan's heart surgery

Tonight I am very heavy hearted. For several reasons.

Stellan took a turn for the worse this evening. His SVT came back out of the blue and he has NOT been able to break out of it on his own and the drugs are not helping. He is having heart surgery TOMORROW morning (8:30am Boston time) and after reading his mother's description of what is suppose to happen, I started crying. Stellan needs all the prayers he can get tomorrow. Only a miracle will heal Stellan's heart tomorrow, but thankfully I KNOW the Great Physcian.
Ephesians 3:20 sums what what needs to happen tomorrow in order for Stellan to live and the surgery to be a success. "Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope."
Please take time to read Stellan's blog tonight. His mother gives SPECIFIC instructions on how and what to pray for them tomorrow. Prayers for Stellan's family (in Boston and at home in Minnesota), for the surgeons, and all involved tomorrow.

I had talk theraphy this afternoon. It was exhausting for me, I talked about alot, but what I said is life changing. It was my first session since going through my "trial" that started just under 3 weeks ago. My therapist actually looked at me and said that, not only am I a completly different person than I was 3 weeks ago, but I look better too. I told her that after going through what I did I feel like a different person. My mind is clearer and I have a much better outlook on life. But, with that being said, I am learning to be a different person. I am taking baby steps, and already have 2 behind me. 1) I went to church yesterday morning. The preacher's sermon was on trials and spoke right to me. 2) I have turned to God, scripture, and my Christian music while going through this. I have fought my battles and demons these past 3 weeks and won, something that I didn't do before.
I have more on this in a post I'm working on later.
I see God more clearly than I ever did before.

1 comment:

waitingarms said...

Glad to "hear" you are uplifted. Praying for the Great Physician's touch on your life and that you continue to see God's hand.

Blessings