Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ch- Ch- Ch- Changes...

Today was another good day, but BIG in changes.

I saw a new Dr. today and spoke with (and never speak with again) a different one.

The old Dr said this: " I will see you, but not prescribe any drugs!?!?! WTF?!?!?" OK, you're a pain management Dr, I have a current prescription from you and you will not refill it and not give me any thing to help my pain.

Finding a new pain management Dr. is number one on my list for Monday morning.

I also saw a new Dr. this afternoon. He was nice, I liked him, he has this great "treatment" plan in mind, but it will takes many weeks, if not several months for the new drugs to kick in. In addition to the new meds, I can no longer have ANY of the following:
caffine (including, but not limited to CHOCOLATE, cokes, tea, chocolate chip cookies, none)
decongestants (otc cough syrup), no hydro or oxy codine (won't be a problem, I'm allergic to codine) , no ativian (my panic attack med).

But, the new drug is something that I am ALREADY on, in small doses, and we're hoping that this 1 drug (in a higher level dose) will help all 4 issues. Plus it cheap and generic, good for someone with no insurance.

In additions to starting this new drug, I am going to have some blood work done to test my thyroid and my estrogen levels. He thinks something maybe off on both of those, and seeing that both of those topics run in the family and my mom and had surgery to remove her thyroid, I can see where he is coming from.

I am really hoping that from the standpoint where I am coming from that this Dr. will help me get some of my life back on track.

On a similar, but bit different side note, I have been talking to the office manager at my GI Dr.'s place, and at this point I have about 2 options: 1- wait it out, let the pain become unbearable, to go to the ER, get admitted, and my GI will be able to do something NOW instead of having to wait 2 months to get into the office to see him, so that he might be willing to do something. Choice 2 - do nothing, let the pain rule my life, stop all eating & tube feeds, wither away and die.

Choice 2 is NOT the option I am taking, so somehow choice 1 is my ONLY option at this point. However, I have promised myself that I would NOT go to the ER this month, and there's only a few days left.

This is all becomeing very redundant to me, and I'm living last year over in my mind. The only difference is I'm NOT in the hospital and I'm NOT on pain meds!!

Oh I just want this nightmare to go away, and I want to find a DR. that knows something, anything about my conditions, and can help me.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hi Emily,
Thanks for writing to me again, if you hadn't, I would have forgotten all about responding. If you have been reading for any length of time, you know my life is crazy! It's hard for me to remember my kids' stuff, let alone reply to everyone else (unfortunately).

I went through your blog posts from the beginning of March til now, and read your sidebar. I know a little about VATER already, and saw that you have gastroperesis--what specific questions do you have for me?

What similarities strike you when you read about my son? What issues are persistent that your doctors dont know about?

Do you have a mast cell disease by any chance?

I'll look forward to your response.

Thanks,
Carla (Masto Mama)