Monday, February 16, 2009

Medical Update for this week

This is going to be a big week for me health wise.
Today I went to my pain management Dr. and had a long talk about my meds, and other social and psychological issues concerning my meds and my illness.
On Thursday I will be having blood work done to test my kidney function and some other things related to a new drug that I started that requires blood work every month. I have to be fasting for 8-12 hrs on for this blood work. But, the bigger thing is that I have to be fasting all day for my Hydascan, and it isn't until 1pm, and then the test takes 2-3 hours. So, by the time the test is over I will be starving. Luckily, there are many restaurants in the area where I will be having my test and blood work, so I can stop in and eat anywhere.
Also on Thursday I am having a Hydascan done, which will determine how much my gallbladder is or isn't working. If it isn't working, than my surgeon will remove it, if it is working, than I will be very upset, because that will mean more questions than answers.
So, my odd prayer request for the week is that the Hydascan WILL show that my gallbladder is not working. My grandfather died of gallbladder issues this past Dec., so we know gallbladder issues run in the family.
Please also, keep me in your prayers all the way around. I'm going through a really hard time right now, because my life has been put on hold, and I am having to try to find a "new" life.

No comments: