Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The pain has come back with a vengence

Well, I'm very bummed to say that my pain has returned with a vengence, as with the vomiting.
Last Thursday I had almost 20ml of morphine, ( 7ml @ home, and 10ml @ the ER), and a Fentynl Patch on and I was still in pain. The ER Dr. let me go home after running close to every test in the book, except a CT scan, because he is afraid that I have a higher risk of getting cancer because the the numerous CT scans I have had in the past 6 months, so I had an ultrasound instead. Everything was clear, and no reason for the pain, other than the gastroparesis that I have and isn't curable.

I had a good weekend with no pain attacks, and for the first 2 days of this week, I was ok, but still in some pain... Until this afternoon, when I was hit with a full blown pain attack. I was shopping at Target with my mom and I was fine one minute, and the next I was doubled over in pain, and had to come home very quickly and take some morphine. Then tonight I started throwing up. So I took 1/4 of a tube feed, and have been on a heating pad all night.

I called my pain management Dr.'s office and got an appt. for tomorrow afternoon. I don't know what more he can do or give me since I am allergic to so many drugs. Fentynl comes in patch or IV form, as far as I know. The patch has some odd side effects, so I can't wear it for very long. I got it in IV form in May after I was put in the ICU for 1 weeks, before I got the feeding tube.

Please pray that the Dr. can figure out what to do. I don't want to spend Christmas in the hospital for pain relief, but will if necessary.

No comments: