Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm home after surgery

I came home from the hospital this morning. The Dr. came to see me and I was up and walking around. My complications from yesterday are better, but we will be keeping a close watch on my blood pressure today. I am on very high restrictions for the next 6 weeks (no lifting my hands above my head, no pulling on things, no lifting, no bending, no twisting, etc). I will go next week and have the stimulator turned on.


I am in pain, but not alot, I'm more discorforted than anything else.

The hospital was the BEST. It was small, only 23 beds, and there were only 5 patients. Talk about alot of one to one contact with the nurses. The service was the best, the food was great (no everyone gets the same thing, they gave everyone a menu and we could pick and choose from it). They put flowers on all the food trays, all patients got water mugs to go home with. They had a fish/turtle pond running under the building, but one could also walk outside and sit on a bench and look. I totally recommend this hospital. The surgical nurses were great, and everyone was so friendly!!!

Thanks for the prayers, and I will keep you updated over the next few days and weeks. To all those who want to visit, I'm not up for visitors today, but maybe later in the week.

No comments: